Last Updated: May 1, 2020
We respect your privacy and are committed to maintaining and using any information we collect through your use of our Services responsibly.
Promptful is the data controller for the processing of personal data in relation to Promptful accounts and in relation to the use of our website. Other third-party platforms may also be data controllers for non-Promptful accounts, instructor personal data and for any processing conducted in relation to online workshops being conducted by Promptful.
The Information We May Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting information from or about you is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Depending on the manner in which you use our Services, we collect information about you that we deem necessary for providing Services and features that optimize, secure, and ease your user experience.
Personal Information or Personal Data (“PII”):
Promptful may collect and process information that could be directly or indirectly associated with you; information such as your full name, company name where applicable, user name and password, phone number, email address, billing or mailing address, credit/debit card information and other information that you share with Promptful. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Services because such information may be required in order for you to register for an account; purchase products or Services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
For the purposes of billing Promptful subscription fees and enrollment fees that are processed through Marvee’s payment gateways, we may request your credit card and certain contact information, such as a billing address. We retain credit card information internally for the purpose of all payment processing related to our Services. This includes the use of your payment information to allow you to purchase courses across multiple schools through your Promptful account. The payment information is necessary in order for you to use our Services and failure to provide such information may result in you not being able to use our Services.
Third Party Payment Processors:
How We Use the Information We Collect
- To help users access, use, and enjoy Promptful. The information you submit provides the basis for user experience. We may analyze user input to assess and improve our quality of service
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, our products and/or offers
- To provide updates to our users about Promptful and other Company offerings.
- To answer customer service inquiries
- To process payments as requested.
- To optimize Promptful and the Company’s services, as well as evaluate Promptful’s performance
- Internal record keeping
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email you have provided.
- We may, from time to time, also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- Email marketing: we may send you emails about our site and related service(s), registration, course content, skill progress or other updates.
- We may also use your email to inform you about changes to services, survey you about your usage, or collect your opinion
- To comply with court orders and other legal processes.
- Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third-party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
- We may also use automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Third Party Services
The promptful.io website is hosted by 1&1 IONOS Inc. (“1&1”) They provide us with hosting and WordPress creation platform that allow us to present and sell our product/services to you. Your data is stored through 1&1’s data storage, databases and the general 1&1’s application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Amazon Web Services
Promptful may utilize voice assistants during its workshops. Alexa Skills are hosted at Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) and Amazon’s Alexa Voice Services. Amazon services comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Promptful may utilize Eventbrite’s ticketing system and Payment Gateway for workshop registrations.
Promptful may utilize the following collaboration and prototyping tools during workshops to fulfill services.
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence.
Any personal data breaches which would significantly harm individuals will be reported within 72 hours to the “relevant supervisory authority.
Your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. To review or update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
If our site is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at 340 Tamiami Trail N, #78, Naples, FL 34102